"When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me."
~ 1 Corinthians 13:11
When I was a child:- I thought trees created the wind with their swaying. I still really like this theory; it's very lovely to think of trees that way. (I'm not completely convinced scientists and/or meteorologists have it right.)
- I thought people in "the olden days" lived in a black and white world, since all photographic evidence pointed to that. I always felt very sorry for people who lived before "color".
- I was very confused about "which side of the family" I was on: my mom's side, or my dad's. I heard my mom use that expression once, and I was pretty worried I wouldn't be on my mom's side. (sorry, dad.)
- I thought grown-ups knew everything.
- I thought the world was a safe and happy place.
- I always hoped if I was really, really good, an angel would appear to me and tell me some big news. (Yes, just like Mary . . . only not that news.)
Now that I've 'put away childish things', I wonder how silly my thinking still looks to the One "in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge"?
Yes, I'm just smart enough to know I still have a lot to learn.

1 comment:
Love this!!
Post a Comment