· So, our furnace decided today to be like the church at Laodicea: 'neither hot nor cold'. Well, actually, it's cold . . . but I definitely want to spew something out of my mouth.
Aaah, life. At least it's a mild day.
· Overheard at Hobby Lobby this morning:
"I heard there's going to be a shortage of waffles. It's going to be hard to find Eggos for the next six months or so."
(seriously.)
· Speaking of Hobby Lobby, they have the WORST, tightest, most horrible parking lot in the land.
Period.
· On my way there, though, I did that thing where you pull up to a 4-way stop at the EXACT moment as someone else. Technically, the car to the right has the right-of-way, but this being Iowa (and no one knowing that rule), you BOTH wave the other person on . . . also at the EXACT same moment. So you both start to accelerate . . . at the EXACT same moment. So you both hit the brakes and wave the other person on AGAIN . . . at the EXACT same moment.
What a comedy!
I call that the Four-Way Samba.
· And finally . . .
Last night I suddenly remembered that when I was 10 years old, I decided to write a sci-fi screenplay. (you heard me.) It was going to be good and scary, let me tell you! Something about creatures taking over the world . . . and they were only known as 'X'.
OOOOOO, CREEPY!!!
Looks like I was about 45 years early . . . and 2 letters off.
In A Mirror Dimly
thoughts on life, love, faith, family . . .
and God, whom to know is life indeed.
Blog Archive
-
►
2011
(15)
- December (2)
- October (1)
- September (1)
- August (1)
- May (2)
- April (4)
- March (1)
- February (3)
-
►
2010
(36)
- December (5)
- November (2)
- October (1)
- September (2)
- August (2)
- July (4)
- June (1)
- May (5)
- April (3)
- March (3)
- February (3)
- January (5)

3 comments:
AND you failed to mention that HL also has the fewest, and slowest check-out lines known to man.
X. Seriously! Did you invent the internet too?
wait. i don't get the X reference...
uuuuuuuuuuggggh??????????
was that one lady at HL today...the one with NO inflection at all in her voice?? she is my favorite part of HL....especially when she depressingly wishes me to "have a great day" waa-waa.
Post a Comment