I have a confession to make:
I haven't had a "real" quiet time since Sunday. Hhhmmm . . . those boys came Saturday night. I wonder if there's a connection? Sure, there's been some down-time, but when they were sleeping, I usually curled up on the couch myself. Dishes could wait, dusting could wait, reading the Word could wait.
It all came back to me this week, how BUSY a young mother is. Caring for children is one of the most draining jobs in the world. Pure joy, but very demanding. And looking back, I know I never was able to have a consistent quiet time until my girls were in elementary school. It wasn't until then that I felt well-rested, and a bit more the master of my days.
I am not down-playing the importance of spending time with God. But to all you mothers out there, know that He is quite aware of the work you do. He knows the busyness of your day. He understands that cuddling a toddler is just as much worship as singing praises. Caring for your family is an act of obedience, and it brings joy to the Father's heart.
[Ed. note: I'm turning my blog over to Chris and Kate for a couple of days. They've promised to carry on with the pictorial history of Gavin and Liam! Thanks, guys!]
In A Mirror Dimly
thoughts on life, love, faith, family . . .
and God, whom to know is life indeed.
Blog Archive
-
►
2011
(15)
- December (2)
- October (1)
- September (1)
- August (1)
- May (2)
- April (4)
- March (1)
- February (3)
-
►
2010
(36)
- December (5)
- November (2)
- October (1)
- September (2)
- August (2)
- July (4)
- June (1)
- May (5)
- April (3)
- March (3)
- February (3)
- January (5)

4 comments:
ahhhh....just what a mother with young ones needs to hear from a fabulous seasoned mama. i can just feel the weight of the "to do" list melting off my shoulders as I go to cuddle up with my lil' ones.
you bring joy to the Father's heart. mine too.
smooooch.
thank you, thank you, thank you! so often I feel guilty for not spending time each day. now we'll just turn on a little David Crowder and sing our hearts out! Love you!
bethany here. just came to see what the hulling boys were up to. not really planning on a lump-in-throat. but you got me.
thanks for saying that. okay, getting teary again, gotta go. :)
oh, my precious young mothers. NEVER let the enemy burden you with guilt! You have enough on your shoulders without that.
God isn't filling in some 'chore-chart', complete with gold stars and smiley faces. He is holding you in His arms as Comforter, Father, Friend.
Yes, He desires time with you . . . but I would bet young mothers offer up more prayers throughout the day than anyone!
A couple of ideas: post verses over the kitchen sink; memorize a verse or two; leave your Bible open (someplace out of the reach of crayolas) where you can read a verse as you pass; ask your husbands to read a passage to you at dinner or at bedtime.
But whatever you do . . . DON'T FEEL GUILTY! God can speak to you quite easily in 'snatches'. You have the Holy Spirit to guide you into all truth.
[should've just written another post!]
Post a Comment