In A Mirror Dimly

thoughts on life, love, faith, family . . .

and God, whom to know is life indeed.

6.18.2009

:. things I will miss .:

Well, today is the last day the Loves will be at my house. Uncle Chris and Aunt Katie are whisking them away to Ames tonight after dinner. Benny and I have an all-day Parkinsons' conference tomorrow. (Doesn't this family attend the most interesting events??) They get to spend two wonderful nights with the Saldanhas, and then Saturday afternoon MOMMY AND DADDY WILL BE HOME!!!

I am going to miss those boys terribly when they pack up and leave grandma's! I know I normally see them on a regular basis, but having them around 24/7 is absolutely the greatest thing on earth.
There are so many wonderful moments from this week.
I'm going to miss Liam's random and funny commentary on life. Here's a small sampling:

"I like eagles, but I don't like otters."

"Grandma! Stop singing! That's weird!

"GRANDMA! LOOK! THERE'S A SKUNK UP IN THE TREE!!"
(it was a squirrel)

I definitely will miss his goofy grin and loving heart. All those kisses he gives? Heaven. And next time you see him, be sure to say 'garden monkey'. Hilarious.
I'm going to miss Gavin's sweet, sweet spirit, and his precious pet phrases:

"My hair is short."

"Mommy and daddy are at Massachusetts."
(and when I asked him where he lived, he said, "Grandma's house".
I was actually going for 'Iowa', but, hey!)

"We don't want to make Mr. Liam cry!"

And yes, his hugs and kisses are out of this world. He told a funny joke last night at dinner. Liam was rolling a place mat up into a tube to make a 'tunnel' for his helicopter. Gavin watched him for a minute, then said, "Mr. Liam is making a peanut butter wrap!" And then guffawed, because that was a funny joke!
And I'm really going to miss the way he lines up his shoes and toys. I absolutely LOVE his quirkiness!

Gavin and Liam, you are the BEST boys in the whole wide world!!!

2 comments:

mommy said...

Oh! WE MISS THEM SO MUCH!!!!!!! Keep the pictures coming! Of course it only takes a few days for Gavin to think that he lives at Grandmas! And we love naked buns!!!

Meredith said...

the necked buns are the best! oh and everything else about those sweet boys. barbie, thanks so much for detailing the life of a grandma these past couple days.

you are such a joy to so many people's heart.

have fun at the conference!!