Speaking of sweet scents, have you smelled Eisley S. yet? Mmmmmm . . . . she smells of milk and honey. Seriously in love with that girl!
And speaking of wonderful little people, it seems Liam is going to be an A-class worrier. Daddy was on the roof the other day, doing some repairs, and our middlest was ever so worried about him falling. Liam recounted the whole thing to me the next day, adding, "Next time, daddy should wear my helmet!" (Which is a great mental picture: Josh wearing way-too-small Spider Man headgear.)
The thing is, Leebs also worries about wild animals coming into his house, pirates, and gypsies (among other things).
As for other wonderful little people, Gav and I made a trip to "Boesen the Flower Shop" yesterday. He passes it every time he goes to ChildServe, so I promised him we would visit. As we walked into the greenhouse, he kept exclaiming, "It's so beautiful in here!" Love my little horticulturist!
And to round out with a Tate comment: That littlest boy is going to be oh, so funny! We're predicting he's set to be the loudest of the brothers, and I personally am guessing he might even surpass Liam as family funny-man. (Of course he has to learn to talk first, but there seems to be no stopping the third Hulling!) And his drooly, bitey kisses are absolute heaven.
In other news, I seriously miss Lost already. No, I didn't like the ending. It felt hurried, and it was as if the writers took the easy (cheesy) way out. But having said that, I did really like the series, and I'm sad that it's over. But since I do have a real life, I will let the sadness pass.
Speaking of sadness, I was thinking the other day of how many sorrows we are asked to carry in this life. You know what they are . . . we each have our burdens, some heavier than others. And the apostle Paul's words sprang to mind:
"If we have hoped in Christ in this life only,
we are of all men most to be pitied."
1 Corinthians 15:19
The knowledge that this life is but a temporary vapor, that these trials are light and momentary compared with the eternity that's waiting, that is what enables one to carry on no matter what the circumstances. A Christ-follower may give up some things (his very life, daily!) to be obedient, but the hope we have for eternity far out-weighs any 'inconvenience'. And the trials we bear now will seem so inconsequential in light of what's waiting.
Bottom line: Keep your 'eye on the prize'. Maintain an eternal perspective. Don't confuse the material things we enjoy in this life with the things that matter.

2 comments:
Lovely post! Love you! Love all the little people you mentioned!
Yes, I have smelled Eisley S. and I couldn't agree more....
love you, love this :)
Post a Comment