• I hate when I make a detailed shopping list . . . and then leave it on my kitchen counter.
• I hate when people have loud cell phone conversations in public places.
• I hate it even more when the person having the loud conversation is a woman, striding through a store/mall/whathaveyou wearing high heels: YAK YAK CLACK CLACK YAK CLACK YAK CLACK CLACK YAK.
• I hate it when the last person in a check-out line rushes over when a new clerk announces she can help whoever is next. I don't think this is what Jesus had in mind when He said, 'the last shall be first'.
• I don't mind at all when people have strong opinions. I just hate it when they think I am somehow a lesser human being if my opinions don't happen to coincide with theirs.
• I hate it when people think that stay-at-home moms are vapid, brainless women who could never make it in the 'real' world.
• I hate it when people think that working moms don't love their kids quite as much as stay-at-home moms.
• I hate when my favorite TV shows are preempted by a presidential speech or Cyclone basketball.
• I hate when someone offers advice when I haven't asked for it. Unasked for advice is really just veiled criticism.
• I hate when I fall into any of the above categories. (although for the record, I've never preempted a television show in my life.)
In A Mirror Dimly
thoughts on life, love, faith, family . . .
and God, whom to know is life indeed.
10.23.2009
:. pet peeves .:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
►
2011
(15)
- December (2)
- October (1)
- September (1)
- August (1)
- May (2)
- April (4)
- March (1)
- February (3)
-
►
2010
(36)
- December (5)
- November (2)
- October (1)
- September (2)
- August (2)
- July (4)
- June (1)
- May (5)
- April (3)
- March (3)
- February (3)
- January (5)

4 comments:
i love your brain.
Yay for these. Although...I do recall news coverage of a certain coffee for a governor candidate at a certain someone's home preempting Reading Rainbow....
gahaha . . . although, it was a United States Senator, running for re-election. (he lost.)
but speaking of Geordi LaForge, I seem to remember certain someones wearing their banana clips over their eyes to look like him.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. wow. Kate really still has some issues. you best be getting them all out. i love that mom's blog is a forum for all of that. ;)
Post a Comment