In A Mirror Dimly

thoughts on life, love, faith, family . . .

and God, whom to know is life indeed.

6.19.2009

Friday in Ames!!!

Katie and Chris here, filling in for mom. We had the absolute PLEASURE of having those boys today, as mom and pop were at the Parkinson's Conference ("Those who shake it together, MAKE it together!" We HOPE that's the theme for the conference).
Our morning started off early...thunder and lightning at 5:30 awoke us, so we were able to have conversations about thunder. Unka Chwis had to go to work, so Gav, Liam, and I headed to Cafe Diem for a morning muffin!
Yum!!
Gavin was sure hyper after his 16oz iced caramel latte! Kidding! It was Liam's.
Next, Katie had the BRILLIANT idea of walking just a couple yards down Burnett Ave to Ames' local FIRE STATION!!! I just KNEW the boys were going to go CRAZY when they were able to see a FIRE TRUCK UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL!!!!!
Welll...maybe not CRAZY...maybe...frightened beyond belief? Fireman Eric was SO nice and he even let the boys climb up on to the truck!!
Puttin' out fires!!!
yay. (can't you see the excitement in his eyes??)
Touchin' the hoses!!!
yay.

Fire Engine 1!! Good job, Mr. Gavin!!
Fireman Eric told us we could stop by anytime we're out on a walk. Maybe next time, we can mentally prepare ourselves for Fire Engine 1!
Making silly faces on the couch!
And of course, spending an hour at Target going up and down the toy aisle is NOTHING short of amazing!!!
(Em, just so you know, your boys are wonderful. They would pull out a toy, and put it back exactly where they found it when they were done. They didn't whine "I want this! I want that!" They were content as clams just looking. Good job, Mommy)
Next, we made a trip to Ames' local pet shop! Home of Howie Buckets!!! There he is, licking Liam's hand!
Bunnies!
And kitties!
Next, we got to sit out in the morning sun and watch the Ames trains! Never before have I been excited to hear that bell and see the gates drop! We were so close to an actual Thomas!!
...killin time until the next train. Ooh! A black bug! He died after Liam picked him up. Of fright? Or the fact that his internal organs were crushed... I guess I SHOULD have said, "Killin Time By Killin Bugs"
Summertime Love
Smile for the camera!
And joy to my heart, Uncle Chris got off work early, and we went out shopping for new soccer cleats!
Liam found some good ones!

In about 20 minutes, we'll be off to meet up with Gramma and Crappa at The Q'Doba for dinner!! Tomorrow morning, the plan is to head to the farmer's market and prepare for Mommy and Daddy's return! We miss you guys!

2 comments:

Em said...

First of all, I hope M & P come home with t-shirts-HILARIOUS!
Thank you SO MUCH (and to mom too) for posting such wonderful pictures all week. Everyone was jealous of this because it truly felt like we were there. I really wish I could have cuddled Liam when he was scared of the fire truck. That kid surprises me every day! Also thank you for makiing us the most boring parents alive. The amount of fun that you had in one morning is more than we can accomplish in a month! They are never going to want to live with us again! ;)

marcleen said...

guest bloggers should never be funnier than the blog owner.