In A Mirror Dimly

thoughts on life, love, faith, family . . .

and God, whom to know is life indeed.

6.16.2009

:. after a good meal and a good pipe .:

Well, third time's the charm . . . as soon as I put the boys to bed, they were OUT like Fred Thompson in a presidential race. Either the novelty of staying at grandma's has worn off, or mowing the lawn and cleaning out gutters wears a guy out.

They took a nice, refreshing bath before bed,
and really enjoyed the new bath toys.

Well, let's say LIAM really enjoyed them. The little guy has trouble with hoarding.
(But don't worry about Gav; he holds his own. He knows exactly how to push his little brother's buttons.)

Breakfast this morning was pure joy. Sitting at the kitchen table, enjoying a waffle (Liam) and an apple (Gavin), listening to Jon Foreman. Is there anything sweeter than hearing Gav sing "Holy, holy, You alone are true . . . "??
I think not.

At this moment, they are off on an 'adventure' with Katie. (Going to the post office to buy stamps. Anything is an adventure when you're under age 5.)


And in other news, I saw my favorite Indian endocrinologist yesterday. Seems my Grave's Disease is still at bay. Perhaps I won't need to go radioactive after all.
Thanks, Anuj! But really, thanks, God.

4 comments:

Meredith said...

you crack me up! out like fred thompson....

radioactive....

adventure under the age of 5....

crackin' up.

barb said...

oh, mere! my biggest (and ONLY) fan. I feel like brett and jemaine.

Mel (katie) said...

Stop! I love this blog TOOOO!!!!!!!You have TWO fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marcleen said...

and suddenly, katie realized she could type in ANY name!!