In A Mirror Dimly

thoughts on life, love, faith, family . . .

and God, whom to know is life indeed.

6.03.2013

:. today .:

Today was a good day.
I spent some time with Gavie -
we invented a new game involving bubbles, squirt guns and Han Solo.
We also spoke in cursive...
and worked on our multiplication tables.
We sang...and laughed...
and enjoyed the glorious spring day.
Today was a good day.

Today was a good day.
I saw a girl crossing University on a unicycle.
A unicycle!
I walked out of the fabric store having spent only 66 cents...
and I overheard friends sharing a laugh.
The sky was blue, birds were singing...
And I had a good book to read.
Yes, today was a good day.

Today was a good day.
I had food, I was clothed, I had shelter.
I had people who love me...
and those I can love in return.
I had enough trial to help me grow...
and failure enough to keep me humble.
I had everything I need...
and more.
Yes, today was a good day.

"This is the day The Lord has made;
Let us rejoice and be glad in it."

3 comments:

Em said...

Love you so! Thanks for helping us all see the positive in the every day-you're so good at it!

marcie said...

Beautiful!! You are SO AMAZING!!

marcie said...

I forgot to ask---how does one speak in cursive??