Gavie and I were hanging out the other day, playing a game of 'ways we are different, ways we are alike'. I threw out the fact that he likes to run, and I don't. Without missing a beat (and with absolutely no malice) he said, "Granny, you are indolent."
[For all of you people too indolent to look it up in the dictionary, it means 'lazy'.]
This from the boy who a year ago could hardly read. This from the boy who had pretty much been given up on by his teacher last year. This from my dear, sweet 2nd-grade Gavie, who is now reading at a sixth grade level, thanks mainly to the wonderful people at Educational Resource Associates.
What a wonderful thing, to be able to read! It broadens not only your vocabulary, but your whole world.
And you know what? Gavie's right: I do trend towards being indolent.
In A Mirror Dimly
thoughts on life, love, faith, family . . .
and God, whom to know is life indeed.
Blog Archive
-
►
2011
(15)
- December (2)
- October (1)
- September (1)
- August (1)
- May (2)
- April (4)
- March (1)
- February (3)
-
►
2010
(36)
- December (5)
- November (2)
- October (1)
- September (2)
- August (2)
- July (4)
- June (1)
- May (5)
- April (3)
- March (3)
- February (3)
- January (5)

No comments:
Post a Comment