I had a metaphorical look in the mirror this morning. Not sure I like what I saw.
I was tooling along on the freeway, headed to the western reaches of our fair city. As I checked my speed, so as to keep it at 60(ish), the thought suddenly struck me: I don't drive the speed limit because it's the law, I drive the speed limit because I don't want to get a ticket.
There is a huge difference between the two.
I wonder how many other things I do, not out of love, or obedience, or because it's right, but simply out of fear of the consequences?
I hope my actions flow from a love for God, and a desire to obey Him.
I hope I do things for the right reasons.
It's really hard to know for sure.
I told you I'm not sure I like what I saw.
In A Mirror Dimly
thoughts on life, love, faith, family . . .
and God, whom to know is life indeed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
►
2011
(15)
- December (2)
- October (1)
- September (1)
- August (1)
- May (2)
- April (4)
- March (1)
- February (3)
-
►
2010
(36)
- December (5)
- November (2)
- October (1)
- September (2)
- August (2)
- July (4)
- June (1)
- May (5)
- April (3)
- March (3)
- February (3)
- January (5)

No comments:
Post a Comment