In A Mirror Dimly

thoughts on life, love, faith, family . . .

and God, whom to know is life indeed.

6.16.2009

:. thoughts at the end of the day .:

No pics with this post. It's 11:00, everyone is asleep, and bed is where I'm headed.

At dinner tonight, we learned about "dinner conversation". (This was in response to the VERY loud siren sound that Liam is fond of making.) I explained what conversation means, and then I asked Gavin to tell us something he did today. He said, "I rode on an elevator". Which he had, because we went to visit great grandma Jean.
[grandma's apartment? one word: BREAKABLES. But don't worry, mommy, nothing was broken!]
So then it was Liam's turn for conversation, and he said, "I played with doggies." Which actually were some of the breakables mentioned above.

And as I was getting Liam stripped down for his bath tonight, I mistakenly called his 'pee-pee' his 'pee-wee'. He thought that was the funniest thing EVER . . . and of course kept repeating it the rest of the evening. (along with yelling 'SEA LION', which made no sense to me, but he thought it was hysterical!)

After the bath, Gavin requested more conversation . . . so we sat (jumped; those boys rarely sit still) on the bed and chatted. It somehow evolved into what they want for their birthdays, so we'll have to work on that some more.

On tap for tomorrow: a visit to great grandma Barb (and Fritzi!), and if weather permits, a trip to the wading pool. (Liam already told me the fountain scares him.)

Laying with those Joys Of My Heart tonight, listening to them giggle and chatter as they were winding down, cuddling and singing with them, I thought my heart would burst. God has given me so much . . . and those boys are the epitome of His goodness and grace. They are so sweet and beautiful and loving and funny. I have been so blessed the past few days to have them here; there is nothing that compares with those angel faces.

No comments: