In A Mirror Dimly

thoughts on life, love, faith, family . . .

and God, whom to know is life indeed.

12.18.2008

:. the calm before the . . . well, you know .:

Winter storm warnings abound today for central Iowa. And the citizenry seem to be in classic pre-storm mode: the grocery store was crowded, everyone stocking up on necessities before being snowed in. (Milk, bread, beer, chocolate and ice-melt seem to be popular items.)

It's funny, too, because right now it's actually rather balmy; the sun is shining and it's around 30 degrees. Not bad for a December day. Hard to believe that in just a few hours, all that will change and winter-style hell will break loose.

Please, God, just let everyone get home safe and sound . . . . and then let it rip! We could all use an extra day of Christmas vacation!!


And on a related note, I ran into Libabe at Dahl's. I love that he and I shop at the same stores!

No comments: